Equipment SelectionLike with any purchase, the more you know about what you are about to buy, the easier it is to make a final decision about which purchase best meets your needs. Carwash equipment can be categorized very easily once you know what is available and which characteristics make up each model. Our 24 years experience in the commercial car wash installation and maintenance business can save you the headache of trying to research everything on your own. We are happy to share what we have learned so that you can better understand what each machine has to offer when it comes to dependability, climate tolerance, functionality, customer satisfaction, operation costs, aesthetic value, etc...
There are many manufacturers and brands of carwash equipment. Decide what you would like to have in your carwash; a wish list. Bring your thoughts and ideas to a distributor or supplier to match the equipment to your list. Select the best equipment based on your needs, not based on brand name. All equipment manufacturers have great and not-so-great products.
In Colorado, touchless is the primary automatic equipment selected. Do not shop for the lowest price. You will get what you pay for. In an investor wash, the customer's #1 concern is cleaning. Things to look for in an automatic:
Does the machine profile front, back, sides and top?
- Does the machine hot water wash or only hot water pre-soak?
- Does the machine wash and contour all vehicle surfaces?
- (Economy cars through 4-door dual wheel extended cab pick-up trucks)
- Does the machine have a 25' vehicle length capability?
- Does the machine have an 7'6" clearance?
- Are the dryers "drive through" or are they "on-board contouring?"
- Does the machine apply spot free rinse?
- Is the wheel blaster stationary or on-board with spinning nozzles?
- PSI is quickly lost with distance in all high pressure washes.
- At what distance does it clean?
- Is the distributor local?
- Has the automatic been a proven work horse?
- Have references of machine owners been checked?
- Does your local distributor have a proven reputable track record?
- Have references on service been checked?
Choose the services that you would like as a customer. Talk to owners and ask which are the money-makers. Choose the items you would like to provide. Select your system based on: performance and reliability, consistency of pressure, temperature, water quality, and chemical application. Ask before you buy.
- Why I Have to Wash
- Car Wash How To
- City / Area Selection
- Wash Site Planning
- Equipment Selection
- Equipment Selection Pros and Cons
- Automatics Which One!
- Automatics - Friction or NO
- Self Service Criteria
- Published Wash Articles
- Car Wash Glossary